Bring Omicron Delta Kappa to Your Campus
Omicron Delta Kappa
is interested in establishing Circles (chapters) that will be mutually advantageous
to the institutions and to the Society. Circle charters are granted by the
Board of Directors upon the recommendation of the Membership Committee.
Applications for charters are considered only from local honor societies or groups which represent four-year or more degree-granting institutions, which are accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, and/or by the appropriate professional accrediting agency.
Emphasis is placed upon:
- The character and spirit of a college or university
- The quality of its work and accreditation
- Upon the membership qualifications of a local honor society, its purpose and functions, and its influence and prestige in campus life
A local honor society or group petitioning for a charter should demonstrate its willingness to adopt “The OΔK Idea” by:
- accepting the Society's purpose and form of organization, and by awarding membership to undergraduate junior and senior students and to students of graduate and professional schools and colleges of the institution, on the basis of exemplary character, sound scholarship (student candidates must rank in the upper 35 percent of their class)
- notable achievement in one or more of the five major phases of campus life:
- campus or community service, social, religious activities and campus government
- journalism, speech, and the mass media
- creative and performing arts
Members of the
faculty and administration and alumni are also chosen on the basis of exemplary
character, distinguished attainments in college and community life, and
consecration to democratic ideals.
Local laws, traditions and customs of groups may remain unchanged provided they are consistent with the National Constitution of Omicron Delta Kappa.
For more information about chartering, please go to Frequently Asked Questions About the Chartering Process. To speak with someone about getting started, contact National Vice President Michelle Burke (NationalVP@odk.org):
c/o Omicron Delta Kappa National
224 McLaughlin Street
Lexington, VA 24450
Call 540-458-5336 or toll free at 877-635-6437