You can help tell the Omicron Delta Kappa story by sharing the milestones and achievements of your individual circles.
Stories You Might Share
Some topics that you should consider sharing with your local community include:
- Circle is inducting new members
- Circle is hosting a program or event on campus
- Circle is participating in the National Day of Service
- Circle is presenting a leadership award to an individual or group
- Faculty secretary or advisor retires
- Someone new assumes the role of circle coordinator or faculty advisor
- Circle installs a new slate of officers
- Member is honored with an award—either by your circle or by OΔK National Headquarters
- Member receives Foundation Scholarship
- Alumnus/a of your circle receives an award or honor
- Circle initiates an Honoris Causa member—maybe the president of your college or university
- Member is selected to serve on OΔK’s National Advisory Council
- Member is selected to serve on one of OΔK’s national committees
- Member demonstrates exceptional performance in athletics, arts, journalism, etc.
- Member receives an award from your college of university
Ways You Can Share Your Story
Issue a Press Release
Press releases are succinct announcements that target journalists with news they might potentially cover. Press releases conform to the best practices of the Associated Press, which means that they’re written according to the AP Style Guide.
OΔK provides press release templates that you can use as examples to help you get started. Remember to share only the facts; a press release is not the place to editorialize. Provide some ready-to-go quotes from leaders in your organization and make sure you’re answering who, what, when, where, why and how.
- General Press Release Template
- Program Press Release Template
- Day of Service Press Release
Put up Posters
OΔK-branded posters and flyers can help promote upcoming events or programs. Check our branding and editorial guidelines for tips on how to design something that meets our brand standards.
Buy an Ad
Sometimes you won’t be able to get ‘earned media’ about a story but your circle will decide it’s worth paying a fee to advertise in your campus newspaper or local daily. Ads can be a great option if you’d like to congratulate new initiates, thank a faculty secretary or advisor for years of service or promote an upcoming campus event.
Give a Presentation
Speaking in front of a group is a great way to communicate the organization’s mission to develop campus leaders while sharing lots of personal anecdotes that help convey what the Society means to you personally.
Purchase your OΔK gear at our online store.