In odd-numbered years, O∆K hosts regionally-located drive-in workshops between the months of February and April. The curriculum is designed to provide participants with a high impact, low-cost opportunity to network with fellow O∆K members, hear about best practices at other circles, as well as engage in personalized and organizational leadership development. Both students and faculty officers benefit from the program through increased exposure to, and education on, the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully and effectively make Omicron Delta Kappa a prominent leadership organization on campus.
You can – quite literally – “drive in” and drive out in the same day. No need for overnight accommodations or expensive air travel. The 12 to 14 rotating regional sites, strategically identified based on both the physical proximity of circles in the region as well as the willingness of the campus to “host” (at low or no cost) these gatherings, make them easily accessible and affordable. Each circle should participate by sending at minimum one representative to a drive-in of their choosing.
Our goal is to provide a positive learning environment where participants can grow and improve as officers, reach their potential as circle leaders, and more fully understand and utilize the resources provided by the national headquarters.
What to Expect
Drive-In Workshops run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and include lunch.
- Idea sharing
- Leadership development
- Society updates and future
Drive-in Locations for 2017 (Scheduled Dates)
- Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina (March 18)
- Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois (April 1)
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia (February 11)
- Florida Southern College, Lakeland, Florida (February 25)
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pennsylvania (March 25)
- Rider University, Lawrenceville, New Jersey (April 1)
- Texas Woman’s University, Denton, Texas (February 18)
- University of Louisville/Bellarmine University, Louisville, Kentucky (April 1)
- University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee (February 4)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri (February 25)
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia (February 4)
- Weber State University, Ogden, Utah (March 25)
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts (April 8)
If you have any questions or are interested in hosting a 2019 Drive-In Workshop, please contact the National Headquarters Office at email@example.com or (540) 458-5336.