Executive Director - Tara S. Singer, Ed.D.
Tara S. Singer, Ed.D.
Phone: (540) 458-5340
- Administer the day-to-day operations and the budget of the Society and the Foundation
- Oversee all financial operations of the Society and Foundation, including appropriate administration of resources and assets
- Serve as spokesperson for O∆K and its mission of responsible, ethical leadership
- Manage with the Board of Directors the governance of the Society
- Manage with the Trustees the governance of the Foundation
- Guide the Society and Foundation in the development and implementation of strategic plans
- Promote and administer current programming, including the biennial national convention, the awards given for exemplary leadership and service to the Society, the national scholarships, and programming at the local level
- Develop and introduce new programs
- Oversee the communications, including the Website, the magazine (The Circle), and regular contacts with officers at the local and national level
- Implement policies for O∆K as directed by the Board of Directors and Board of Trustees
- Travel on behalf of the Society and Foundation
Tara S. Singer was named as Omicron Delta Kappa’s fifth Executive Director in April 2013. Singer brings more than three decades of experience in association management, communications and marketing, alumni engagement and development, and university administration to her role as OΔK’s chief executive.
Singer was previously the Assistant Vice President for Communications and Marketing at Indiana State University. Previous experiences include managing a range of budgets for university departments and divisions, affiliated foundations, and membership organizations; developing successful marketing campaigns for student recruitment at Indiana State University and for the Illinois Institute of Technology’s Alumni Association; and developing comprehensive alumni engagement programs at the University of West Georgia and the University of Louisville.
Additionally, Singer has coordinated numerous state, regional, and national conferences and has edited and co-authored various publications, including one book and several articles published nationally. A 1982 initiate of the Beta Epsilon Circle at the University of Louisville, Singer served as Faculty Secretary/Advisor from 2005 until 2007 at the University of West Georgia during her tenure as Vice President for University Advancement. She is also a member of Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity and Mortar Board. Previously, she served Mortar Board as a member of that organization’s National Editorial Board and as an advisor for the Pallas Chapter at the University of Louisville.
Singer earned her degrees at the University of Louisville including a Doctor of Education in Educational Administration, a Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration, and a Bachelor of Arts with Honors in American Studies.
She is the mother of three sons. Scott Strednak Singer, a doctoral student at Temple University, and his wife, the Reverend Katie Strednak Singer, reside in Franklin, Kentucky; Britt Singer teaches English as a Second Language in Prague; and Chad Singer is a park management specialist in south central Kentucky.