The Membership Services Coordinator serves as the primary administrative support role for the Omicron Delta Kappa Society national headquarters and works closely with the HQ staff, faculty officers, and student leaders to provide excellent service to the more than 300 circles located on college campuses around the country.
The Membership Services Coordinator is a full-time staff member based at the O∆K National Headquarters in Lexington, Va. The position reports to the Associate Executive Director for Business and Membership Services, serves on the Membership Services team, and supports the External Relations team as necessary.
General Services (20%)
- Serve as the first point of contact for inquiries about all resources provided by the O∆K National Headquarters by answering the phone, managing the general email account, and greeting visitors.
- Reviews and processes mail and deliveries as well as maintains postage scale and meters outgoing mail.
Circle Operations and Membership Services (35%)
- Coordinate production of certificates and shipping of pins, certificates, and other materials to circles including new member materials; order certificates and insignia items as necessary.
- Distribute membership recruitment brochures to circles upon request.
- Acknowledge all membership orders, follow-up on missing data, and work with Financial Services Coordinator to prepare accounts receivables as needed.
- Update address changes in the databases, websites and electronic files.
- Distribute new member email on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and distributes circle anniversary congratulations letters and certificates.
- Prepares letters to college and university presidents expressing appreciation of faculty officer service from the National President and Executive Director.
- Assist with the coordination of the circle recognition awards program.
Data Services (30%)
- Support the Membership Services team by maintaining an accurate list of circle officers in Excel and Raiser’s Edge, updating individual circle webpages accordingly, and creating new circle pages upon chartering along with updating the online circle installation list.
- Manage the input of new member information in a timely and accurate manner; confirm GPA’s and classification when necessary.
- Managing the registration process for the biennial convention and drive-in workshops by
Financial Services (10%)
- Provide back-up to the Financial Services Coordinator on processing membership payments through InfusionSoft as well as general purchase and payment processing through QuickBooks.
- Assist with the collection of affiliation fees from circles.
Board Operations and Volunteer Engagement (5%)
- Schedule meetings of the Society and Foundation boards and committees as necessary.
- Organize Dropbox folders on behalf all staff and volunteers and manage Dropbox@odk.org account.
- Support the Associate Executive Director for External Relations by providing clerical support to the Scholarship Review and Selection Committee including solicitation of applications, scheduling meetings, organizing online folders, arranging scoring, and responding to committee inquiries.
- Support the Associate Executive Director for Business and Membership Services by providing clerical support to the National Awards Committee including scheduling solicitation of applications, organizing online folders, arranging review, and responding to committee inquiries.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Society Board of Directors with ordering award hardware for all honorees.
Perform other duties that advance the vision and mission of Omicron Delta Kappa as requested. Omicron Delta Kappa membership highly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required. Familiarity with honor societies and higher education is a plus.
• Membership in Omicron Delta Kappa is highly preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
High Proficiency in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
Proficiency in the following areas:
- Voice messaging systems
- Social Media Platforms
The Membership Services Coordinator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
The salary range for the O∆K Membership Services Coordinator is commensurate based on education and experience plus full benefits including life, dental, and health insurance and retirement contributions. Personnel at Omicron Delta Kappa’s national headquarters have free parking and access to recreation and library facilities at Washington and Lee University.
Submit a cover letter, resume or vitae and three references to Dr. Timothy A. Reed, Associate Executive Director for Business and Membership Services, via email@example.com. Review of applications begins July 5. This position is open until filled. August 7, 2017, start date is highly desirable.