I. O∆KŪ Foundation Scholarship Awards with a stipend of at least $1,000 each (the John D. Morgan Scholarship recipient will receive $1,500) will be awarded in August of each year. Each of the 20 winners will be designated an O∆K Scholar. The 20 awards are made by authorization of the Omicron Delta Kappa Foundation.
II. THE CONDITIONS OF THE AWARD ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. An applicant must be (or must have been), a voting member of Omicron Delta Kappa as defined in the O∆K Manual.
2. An applicant must have senior standing at the time of the application or have graduated within the past five years. Students who are classified as juniors during the semester/quarter preceding the March 1st deadline and attain senior standing upon completion of the semester/quarter are not eligible to apply.
3. Applicants are expected to enroll in an accredited graduate or professional school in the United States or a foreign country within three years of the semester following the award of the scholarship. Students deferring entrance into a graduate school must indicate this on the application.
4. An applicant must have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale), or higher, on all academic work attempted for the bachelor’s degree.
5. Financial need is not a factor in the selection of candidates.
6. The acceptance of an Omicron Delta Kappa Foundation Scholarship imposes an obligation to begin and complete the year of graduate or professional study, unless good cause for not doing so can be shown to the O∆K Foundation. If a candidate who has been awarded an O∆K Foundation Scholarship withdraws from graduate or professional study, the facts of the case must be communicated immediately to the National Headquarters offices of the O∆K Foundation.
7. All applications and supporting data listed in Part III of these instructions must be submitted to The National Headquarters, with submission date/postmarked no later than March 1, 2014.
8. All applicants will be notified in writing of the decision of the National Committee on O∆K Scholarship Awards in mid-June.
9. Payment of the scholarship award stipend is made by the Omicron Delta Kappa Foundation upon certification of the recipient’s registration in an accredited graduate or professional school. The recipient of a scholarship award should immediately request the Dean or Registrar of his/her school to send a certified letter of enrollment to O∆K National Headquarters, 224 McLaughlin Street, Lexington, VA 24450.
10. Scholars are asked to report on their progress at the end of the first semester of graduate or professional study. This report should be made to the Director of Development & Alumni Engagement, Bobby Ann Stanton, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
III. Each applicant is required to have the following documents and materials sent (postmarked) to the chair of the National Committee on Scholarship Awards no later than March 1, 2014.
1. ONE formal application using the official Omicron Delta Kappa Scholarship form.
2. ONE (1) official transcript of the applicant’s COMPLETE undergraduate academic transcript. If the official transcript does not show completion of degree requirements, the applicant must provide a letter from the dean of his or her college verifying that the applicant had senior standing. The letter verifying senior standing is just as important as the official transcript. (This may be mailed in or uploaded using the online application.)
3. Up to THREE (3) letters of recommendation, if desired, from persons associated with the college or university. These must be attached to the application form.*We recommend that you include at least one (1) academic reference and one (1) leadership reference. (These may be mailed in or uploaded using the online application.)
4. ONE (1) recent photograph of the candidate. The photos are used for news releases and publication in The Circle. All photos should be a formal head shot and should measure at least 3 inches by 2 inches when printed - (larger photos are encouraged). The applicant’s name should be written on the reverse side of the photograph. The photograph will be used for publicity purposes only and will not be submitted to the Scholarship Committee. (These may be mailed in or uploaded using the online application.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is the responsibility of the applicants to insure that all required documents and information are postmarked no later than March 1, 2013. An applicant will be disqualified if his/her file is, in any respect, incomplete on the deadline date.
MAIL MATERIALS TO:
Omicron Delta Kappa National Headquarters
224 McLaughlin Street
Lexington, VA 24450
Postmark deadline for filing applications and supporting materials: MARCH 1, 2014.
Click here to apply for a Foundation Scholarship