To ensure that Omicron Delta Kappa continues to support the campus leaders of today so that they can become the community leaders of tomorrow, in June 2014, the Society adopted a 10-year long range plan, “OΔK 2024: Leading for Our Second Century.”
The plan outlines ten strategic priorities for the Society:
- Strategic Priority 1: Increase membership and enhance member participation
- Strategic Priority 2: Advance leadership education
- Strategic Priority 3: Develop strategic alliances
- Strategic Priority 4: Strengthen and leverage existing programs of promise and distinction
- Strategic Priority 5: Diversify and increase revenue
- Strategic Priority 6: Recruit and retain great personnel and volunteers
- Strategic Priority 7: Increase charitable resources
- Strategic Priority 8: Enhance member and organizational communications
- Strategic Priority 9: Increase alumni member opportunities
- Strategic Priority 10: Support diversity and inclusion
Our work was guided by a long range planning commission:
OΔK National President Michael Christakis (chair)
Russell Chambliss (vice chair)
The commission was staffed by Tara Singer who served Omicron Delta Kappa as executive director at the time of its work.
The commission’s charge was to:
Identify key strategic priorities which will guide the Society and Foundation’s work for the next decade. These priorities will contribute to OΔK’s continued growth as the Society enters its second century. Once strategic priorities have been identified, the commission shall attribute specific goals to attain these priorities and measurable outcomes to these goals.
The original plan was updated and restructured during the 2015-16 academic year by the Society Board of Directors with input from the Foundation Board of Trustees, National Advisory Council, Student Advisory Board, Diversity and Inclusion Work Group, and the Membership/Circle Standards, Strategic Communications, Research and Curriculum Development, Diversity and Inclusion, Governance, and Finance committees.
The Board of Trustees of the Omicron Delta Kappa Society and Educational Foundation intends to update the plan and make adjustments in consideration of the new governance structure of the organization.