Thank you for writing an Omicron Delta Kappa Scholarship Letter of Recommendation. The ODK Scholarship Committee considers Letters of Recommendation to be an important aspect of the selection process. This year the Scholarship Committee asks that recommendations be submitted in .pdf form directly to the committee. In this manner, recommendations are more secure, although, we do not prevent applicants access to their entire record if requested.
Protection and Privacy
- The Letter of Recommendation will be stored in the Omicron Delta Kappa electronic storage system and is not available to anyone except ODK staff, Scholarship Committee members, and the applicant.
- The applicant has the right to inspect this letter of evaluation upon request.
- ODK prefers confidential letters. The Scholarship Committee requires that the recommendation letter is submitted on letterhead bearing the date, name of recommender, title, and signature.
- Please prepare the recommendation letter on letterhead with a signature as a .pdf. If it is not possible to create a pdf, the Scholarship Committee requests the letter to be .doc or .docx.
- The preferred format for the file name is: [Applicant Last Name]_[Applicant First Name]_odk2018. The file can be named to whatever you wish; however, please avoid the use of spaces and symbols in the file name, except dashes or underscores.
- Please take care that your attachment is of a reasonable size, e.g., less than 500 KB is preferred. If your letter is scanned, please do not scan in color. Scan in B&W and at a resolution of 200-300 dpi or less. This should result in a manageable size.
If you have any problems or concerns with the letter preparation process, contact Kay Datz, Associate Executive Director at email@example.com or 540-458-5344.
- Once the letter is prepared, please complete the information below. The email and telephone are required in case we need to contact you. We may also use this information to notify you if your student is awarded a scholarship.
- Select the File Upload button and add the appropriate file.
- Using the Captcha button, verify that you are not a robot and submit the recommendation.
Thank you again for supporting students in their efforts to earn scholarships.