Officers need to complete an online training program. This is a self-paced module program that takes about 45 minutes to complete.
We encourage all new officers to review the Circle Officer Handbook. The handbook will be a digital companion to the training, which you can refer back to over the course of your tenure with O∆K.
Circle Officer Webinars
The OΔK National Headquarters Team facilitates training webinars each semester. Webinars are open and free to all OΔK officers. Additional circle members may be invited as circle officers deem appropriate. Registration is required by clicking the link for each topic below. All webinars take place at 12:30 p.m. (Eastern) on Wednesdays.
Spring 2023 Webinar Schedule
- February 1 | Officer Selection, Training, and Transition
- February 8 | Engaging Busy Leaders in Your Circle
- February 15 | Best Practices in New Member Recruitment
- February 22 | Initiations
- March 1 | Circle Programming (Signature Programs, Clay Grants, Stone Ethical Leadership Challenge)
- March 8 | Growing and Marketing the O∆K Brand
- March 15 | Semester Wrap-Up
Recordings of previous webinars are available here:
- Introduction to Circle Minimum Standards
- Officer Selection, Training, and Transition
- Engaging Busy Leaders in Your Circle
- Best Practices in New Member Recruitment
- Circle Programming
- Growing and Marketing the O∆K Brand
- Semester Wrap-Up
Omicron Delta Kappa deeply recognizes the contribution of circle advisors to the health and viability of our circles. A key focus of OΔK’s 2022-2024 Strategic Plan involves providing more training and support to advisors, as OΔK’s role as a national leadership honor society requires more dedication and involvement from you compared to other advising roles. To support this effort, the Society offered the Circle Advisor Training Workshop on Jan. 6-7, 2023 in Alexandria, VA. The date for the 2024 CATW will be announced soon.