The financial concerns of today’s college students are well documented and quite real. Many secure student loans and work numerous hours each week in addition to attending class and contributing as leaders on campus and in their communities. Additional funds to support membership in Omicron Delta Kappa and pursue graduate and professional educational opportunities are needed. For the community leaders of tomorrow to reach their potential, O∆K seeks to support these students while they are the campus leaders of today.
Scholarships are the primary method of directly supporting collegiate members through philanthropy. Omicron Delta Kappa seeks to build an endowment that will provide the following:
- Expanded general post-baccalaureate scholarships for graduate and professional school studies;
- Scholarships for individuals pursuing graduate degrees in leadership studies and entrepreneurship; and
- Leadership scholarships for students with significant achievement in academics, athletics, service, communications, and the arts.
Scholarships may be designated for collegiate members from specific circles, a geographic region of the country, historically underrepresented or marginalized populations, or within specific academic disciplines or leadership areas. Donors may make a three-year commitment to contribute $1,000 a year in order to provide a current use scholarship. A gift of $25,000 is required to endow a scholarship, which may be named for an individual or an organization. A gift of $50,000 is required to endow a fellowship award, which also may be named for an individual or an organization. A gift of $60,000 would complete the endowment funding for the Gen. Russell E. Dougherty National Leader of the Year Awards.
Between scholarships, the gift of membership program, and the Key Fund, a total of $750,000 is being sought to support collegiate members of Omicron Delta Kappa. To make an online gift to the scholarship program, click here. Information about recently funded scholarship programs may be found here.
Summary of Giving Opportunities
- Scholarship (endowed minimum) – $25,000 providing up to $1,250 per year
- Scholarship (outright, minimum of three-year commitment) – $1,000 per year
- Fellowship (endowed minimum) – $50,000 providing up to $2,500 per year
- Russell E. Dougherty National Leader of the Year Awards (endowment) – $60,000 to complete funding of awards