If you are a leader, our Society is the best organization to recognize your leadership accomplishments and connect you with other individuals who value collaborative and inclusive leadership. O∆K is the oldest leadership honor society and is highly selective. Fewer than five percent of students on campus will be invited to join. Our Society is also unique in that in addition to accepting sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduate, and professional students for membership, we also invite faculty, staff, alumni, and community leaders to join. Watch our video
Omicron Delta Kappa, the National Leadership Honor Society, recognizes and encourages superior leadership and exemplary character. We support collaboration among students, faculty, and other members of all ages and across the five pillars celebrated by O∆K: academics, athletics, service, communications, and arts. Since our founding in 1914, we have continued to honor and develop leaders through scholarships, workshops, career opportunities, leadership resources, and a lifelong connection to other O∆K members.
- Selective Membership: O∆K only accepts individuals with exceptional academic and leadership records.
- Leadership Development: O∆K is the oldest and most prestigious leadership honor society. You will be among a select group of leaders from your institution and in the country who can wear the O∆K Key of Membership.
- National Network: O∆K network of 350,000+ spans higher education, business, entertainment, sports, mass media, and many other fields. The O∆K name or symbol on a resume is instantly recognizable to fellow members as the certification of accomplished collegiate leadership. Our LinkedIn groups for lifetime and collegiate members offer connections across generations.
- Scholarships for Graduate Study: O∆K provides 40+ scholarships from $1000-$5000 for graduate study to qualified members.
- Leadership Development Opportunities: The National Leadership Conference, the Stone Ethical Leadership Challenge, and Charlie Life and Leadership Academy are only two of the many ways members continue their leadership journey.
- Member Benefits through Partnerships: Orr partners offer tangible benefits to members on everything from travel to laptops to pet insurance. A lifetime of benefits for one fee.
To be accepted into Omicron Delta Kappa, you must meet the class and academic criteria and have demonstrated leadership on your campus or in your community.
- Collegiate members must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program for at least one academic term and have sophomore standing or higher.
- Academic standing in the top 35% of your class (sophomore, junior, or senior)
- Demonstrate leadership in one of the Five Pillars