The O∆K Annual National Leadership Conference begins in 2020.
Get ready for the 1st annual Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Conference (NLC). O∆K’s largest event will be held annually starting in 2020. The change will require volunteers from the entire O∆K family. We will need to identify:
- June 4-6, 2020, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky.
- Conference Chair: Stephen Dominy
- June 3-5, 2021, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Va. with the University of Richmond, Richmond, Va.
- Conference Chair: Alexis Martinez
Conference Planning Team (CPT) Leaders: We will need six to 12 committee leaders/co-leaders to plan for registration, marketing, speakers, concurrent sessions, special events, housing and meals, transportation and evaluation. Applications are open now. Complete the volunteer application and be part of the largest O∆K program.
- Host/Local Arrangements: Housing, Dining, Transportation and Local Entertainment
- Registration: Registration management, conference help desk, and information
- Programming: Concurrent Sessions, Keynote Speakers, Pre-Conference Sessions
- Communications and Outreach: Logos, Themes, Social Media, Marketing Materials, Getting the Word Out!
- Special Events: Opening and Closing Programs, Entertainment Activities
- Service: Coordinating the annual conference service project
- Assessment/Evaluation: Concurrent Session and Conference Evaluation
To volunteer, complete the Omicron Delta Kappa Volunteer Application.
All the planning will be for nothing if members do not attend. Mark June 4-6, 2020, and June 3-5, 2021, on your planning calendar now. Start working with your circle to identify the resources and raise the funds to send at least two student leaders and one advisor – more if you can raise the cash – to this life-changing leadership opportunity.
Biennial National Convention and Leadership Conferences: 2018 and 2016
The 50th Biennial National Convention and Leadership Conference was held on the campus of Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn. May 31 – June 3, 2018. We had 122 student leaders, 47 advisors, and more than 50 board members, volunteers, and staff in attendance. We have links to keynote speakers on O∆K Leadership Matters.
The 2016 Biennial Convention and Leadership Conference was held at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Mich. June 16-19, 2016. For a glimpse of that convention, check out the video below. We also have links to keynote speakers on O∆K Leadership Matters.