The OΔK Idea affirms and promotes openness and inclusiveness among all people. Membership selection shall be free of bias so that all qualified will be considered equitably for membership.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Omicron Delta Kappa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, biological sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or all other protected classes in its programs and activities, membership, and with regard to employment.
Omicron Delta Kappa prohibits the hazing of current and prospective members.
- All interactions with current and prospective members are to be respectful and exemplary of the O∆K ideals of scholarship, service, integrity, character, and fellowship.
- Hazing is defined as any activity that denigrates, demeans, or endangers the physical safety of another individual. Activities which cause embarrassment, fright, humiliation, ridicule, mental anguish, or physical discomfort are also considered to be hazing.
- Hazing will not be tolerated in any form.
Hazing Policy Violations and Reporting
Individuals may be suspended or expelled from membership in Omicron Delta Kappa if involved in activities that are considered unbecoming of campus and community leaders.
- If an individual believes that members of a circle are engaged in hazing, they should seek guidance from the institution’s student affairs, student conduct, or campus life offices to determine the institutional procedures for reporting and investigating.
- Concerns must also be reported to the circle advisors (faculty advisor/circle coordinator) who are required to report it to the National Headquarters by emailing President/CEO Tara S. Singer ([email protected]).
- Hazing activities may also result in official discipline by a college or university or the imposition of civil and criminal penalties for individuals and circles.