The annual National Leadership Conference is led by OΔK volunteers working closely with National Headquarters staff on the Conference Planning Team (CPT). The National Leadership Conference Chair (CPT Leader) is chosen from a competitive process among OΔK members. The CPT comprises the leaders of each functional team and the staff liaison for each. If you want to be part of the new annual conferences, complete the volunteer form below.
Complete the National Leadership Conference Application today!
The CPT will have the following committees (in alpha order):
- Reviews previous conference evaluations for the CPT providing information about functional areas to team leaders. Revises and updates the session and conference evaluations. Compiles the evaluations and prepares a report with assistance from the National Headquarters. The leader of this team should have experience with survey design, delivery, analysis, and reporting.
- Staff Liaison: Vice President for Membership and Operations*
- The critical functions of planning for housing, meals, and general information services are primarily planned by the National Headquarters and the host campus. The information/conference concierge team assists the staff in managing and staffing the information center, in-person and online, and ensuring that all attendees have a wonderful conference experience.
- Staff Liaison: Membership Services Coordinator
Marketing and Communications
- The marketing team assists in the design of logos, themes, social media, marketing materials, and social media. The chair of this committee should have substantial experience in marketing to college-age students and to non-profit member groups.
- Staff Liaison: Vice President for External Relations/Communications Assistant
- The programming team is responsible for the core aspects of the conference. Working with staff, they issue a call for programs, and select concurrent sessions. They coordinate the session schedule and manage the onsite logistics for sessions. They determine the feasibility and cost of pre-conference sessions and plan accordingly. They advise the president and CEO on potential keynote speakers. The leader of this team should have programming and conference planning experience.
- Staff Liaison: Director for Membership Services
- The special events team plan the opening and closing programs, service project, and other entertainment activities that create a sense of bonding and excitement for the conference. This team works closely with the technology team as it applies to the online gamification of the conference. The leader of this team should have programming and conference planning experience.
- Staff Liaison: Director of Finance and Extension
- The sponsorships team aids the conference by working with corporations, donors, and other friends of OΔK to support the conference through monetary and in-kind donations. The leader of this team should have experience in fundraising and donor management.
- Staff Liaison: Vice President for External Relations
- The technology team designs and manages the online experience for the conference. This includes but is not limited to the conference mobile app, gamification features, live-streaming major programs, and supporting the conference attendees with technology needs. The team leader should have experience in online conference delivery platforms, video and audio streaming, and wide knowledge of computer systems.
- Staff Liaison: Vice President for Membership and Operations
For more information about the NLC or the CPT, feel free to contact the OΔK HQ Liaison, Tim Reed, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Staff liaison assignments are subject to change