Membership in Omicron Delta Kappa is granted to those who demonstrate leadership achievements in one of five phases of campus life:
- Campus or Community Service, Social and Religious Activities, and Campus Government
- Journalism, Speech and Mass Media
- Creative and Performing Arts
- Undergraduate students who are juniors or seniors and rank in the upper 35 percent of their class
- Graduate and professional students
- Faculty, staff, and administrators
- Alumni who graduated more than five years ago
- Local, national and international leaders who qualify for honorary membership
Specific requirements for membership at each of these levels may be found in the Society’s Bylaws (Article I Membership).
Members are expected to demonstrate the five O∆K ideals:
The membership selection process will vary based on each circle’s traditions. Generally, OΔK circles will publicize an application period on campus and invite people who believe they meet the Society’s membership criteria to apply. After the circle has considered all applicants, a formal tapping process will occur. There is generally a period of several weeks to months between tapping and induction.
Contact your local circle’s circle coordinator or faculty advisor if you have questions about how the selection process works on your campus and how to apply for membership.
If you have been invited to apply for membership, please fill out our membership form.