To be accepted into Omicron Delta Kappa you must meet the class and academic criteria and have demonstrated leadership on your campus or in your community.
- Class Eligibility:
- Undergraduate students: must be a sophomore, junior, or senior by credits enrolled in a degree-granting program
- Graduate/ Professional students: enrolled in a degree-granting program
- Faculty, staff, and administrators: full or part-time positions at the institution
- Alumni: an individual must wait at least five years to be initiated into the circle where received their degree.
- Local, national and international leaders who qualify for honorary membership
- Academic Eligibility:
- Undergraduates must be in the top 35% of their class (usually 3.5/4.0 GPA)
- Graduate/professional academic eligibility is determined by each circle (usually 3.6/4.0 GPA)
- All student candidates must have been enrolled on their campus for at least one-half year (one semester)
- Leadership Eligibility:
- All candidates for membership must demonstrate leadership in one of the Five Phases of Campus Life and embrace the OΔK Ideals.
Five Phases of Campus Life
- Campus or Community Service, Social and Religious Activities, and Campus Government
- Journalism, Speech and Mass Media
- Creative and Performing Arts
OΔK is highly selective. No more than 3-5% of an institution’s total undergraduate enrollment may be inducted in any year.
The membership selection process will vary based on each circle’s traditions. Generally, OΔK circles will publicize an application period on campus and invite people who believe they meet the Society’s membership criteria to apply. Contact your local circle’s officers if you have questions about how the selection process works on your campus and how to apply for membership.
If you have been invited to apply for membership, please fill out our membership form.