Periodically, Omicron Delta Kappa has the opportunity to share news and announcements about member achievements. Below are some of the accomplishments and passages reported between the start of the year and the end of March 2023. The circle and year of initiation is listed for each member.
- Rachel M. Beanland (University of South Carolina – Columbia, 2001) recently published her second book entitled The House is on Fire.
Collegiate Member News
- Arianna Aman (University at Albany, 2021) was recently named a State Dairy Ambassador in New York.
- Daniel D. Bickey (Randolph College, 2021) has been named to the 2022-23 Academic All-District Men’s Basketball Team by the College Sports Communicators.
- Kasey T. Draper (Roanoke College, 2021) is now the two-time ODAC/Virginia Farm Bureau Insurance Scholar-Athlete for Men’s Basketball. Draper is also a two-time All-ODAC First Team honoree and a nominee for the 2022 Jostens Trophy. He is a three-time All-ODAC Academic Team member and an Academic All-American as named by then CoSIDA (now College Sports Communicators).
- Brendan J. Fowler (University of Richmond 2021) has been selected by Poets and Quants for Undergrads as a 2023 Best and Brightest Business Major.
- Annalena J. Griffin (Francis Marion University, 2022) has been named a finalist for the Conference Carolinas’ 2022-23 Murphy Osborne Award.
- Hannah G. Hair (Colorado Christian University, 2022) has been a governmental affairs intern with the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C. She has also been a congressional intern in the office of U. S. Senator Ted Budd.
- Trinity V. Hunter (University of Alabama, 2022) is an editor for Platform Magazine.
- Sean C. Kang (Oglethorpe University, 2022) was recognized with second-place honors in the Capturing Culture Category in the school’s annual film festival. His film was entitled AAPI Fears in a Post-COVID World.
- Jaci M. Mays (Austin Peay State University, 2020) is the current chair of the Honors and PELP Student Advisory Council at her school. She also served as president of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority in the 2022-23 academic year and received a Spotlight of the Year award.
- MaKenna M. Meeks (Campbellsville University, 2022) was the first runner-up in the Valentine Queen Pageant competition at Campbellsville.
- Nathalie V. Moreno (Florida Southern College, 2021) has been selected as the school’s 2023 Honor Walk recipient.
- Daniella Nakash (Emory University, 2023) has been selected by Poets and Quants for Undergrads as a 2023 Best and Brightest Business Major.
- Cameron N. O’Neil (Randolph College, 2021) has been named to the 2022-23 Academic All-District Women’s Basketball Team by the College Sports Communicators.
- Hannah G. Puckett (Washington and Lee University, 2022) is this year’s recipient of the David G. Elmes Pathfinder Prize in Psychology at W&L.
- Andrew M. Rehak (Hampden-Sydney College, 2021) has been named a member of the 2023 Academic All-District Men’s Swimming and Diving Team as selected by the College Sports Communicators for NCAA Division III.
- Ava T. Rosen (Elon University, 2021) has been selected by Poets and Quants for Undergrads as a 2023 Best and Brightest Business Major.
- Katie R. Sharp (Florida Southern College, 2023) has been selected by Poets and Quants for Undergrads as a 2023 Best and Brightest Business Major.
- Banks P. Stamp (University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2022) has been selected as a 2023 recipient of the prestigious Marshall Scholarship.
Higher Education News and Appointments
- Joseph E. Bertolino (East Stroudsburg University, 1992) has been appointed the next president of Stockton University.
- Thomas D. Burns (Dickinson College, 1990) is the new president of York College of Pennsylvania.
- Richard T. Campbell (Elon University, 1994) has been named as the inaugural chief communications officer at Auburn University.
- Joan T. A. Gabel (University of Missouri – Columbia, 2013) has been named the incoming president of the University of Pittsburgh.
- Giselle M. Hobbs (Mary Baldwin University, 2017) is a 2023-24 recipient of a Fulbright Open Study/Research Award for France.
- Jason D. Shows (William Carey University, 2004) is the recipient of the 2023 Humanities Teacher of the Year for the MGCCC Perkinston Campus presented by the Mississippi Humanities Council. Shows is on the faculty at MGCCC and a member of the Mississippi Professional Educators and Faculty Association.
- Daniel Silber (Florida Southern College, 2004) is the new executive vice president, provost, and dean of faculty at the University of Charleston.
- Lance E. Tatum (Troy University, 1990) is the incoming president of Northwest Missouri State University.
- Eric R. Young (Bowling Green State University, 2009) has been appointed as the new vice president for enrollment at Malone University.
Lifetime Member News
- Sally K. Albrecht (Rollins College, 1975) recently had the opportunity to celebrate the opening of the Tiedtke Theatre & Dance Centre at the college. Sally has been one of the major supporters of the project and is a past chair of the Omicron Delta Kappa Society and Educational Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Landon “Lanny” V. Butler, Jr. (Washington and Lee University, 1963) was selected as one of the school’s Five-Star Distinguished Alumni Award recipients.
- Priscilla N. Kucer (Nova Southeastern University, 2008) was recently profiled by Digital First Magazine. Alignable also recognized her as a 2023 Local Business Person of the Year for the community of Slaughter Creek in Texas. In addition, earlier this year, Kucer traveled to Goa, India, to receive two international awards: one for being recognized as one of the Women Leaders to Look Up To in 2023 and another for her company Priscilla Kucer Consulting Solutions LLC, being named Promising Startup of the Year in Consultancy Services by Unified Brainz. Kucer is a member of the Society’s 2022-23 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Committee.
- Robert E. Lowder (Auburn University, 1988) was recognized by the Auburn University Alumni Association with a 2023 Lifetime Achievement Award at a dinner in February.
- Michael S. Stretton III (University of California, Riverside, 2003) was awarded the 2020 Citizens Disability Leadership Award by Citizens Disability, LLC. He is also a member of the Honors Alumni Board for the University Honors Program at UCR.
- Susan T. Beverly (Virginia Wesleyan University, 2011) passed away in mid-March.
- Danny R. Bowlin (Baylor University, 1968) died in early March.
- James M. Goldie (Case Western Reserve University, 1952) passed away in late February.
- Lucien T. Lee III (University of Alabama, 1958) died in mid-March.
- Joseph H. Marshall III (University of Georgia, 1955) passed away in mid-March.
- Jan Roskam (University of Kansas, 1969) died in late February.
- Molly Ann Swart (Albion College, 1981) passed away in late February.
- William N. Toole (Emory University, 1951) died in mid-March.
- Henry B. Tyler (Vanderbilt University, 1957) passed away in late February.
- Charles D. Vicellio (Tulane University, 1953) died in early March.