Thank you for your interest in an Omicron Delta Kappa scholarship or fellowship. We at O∆K are both honored and thrilled to be able to provide financial assistance to campus leaders through our scholarship program. The purpose of this page is to provide you, the applicant, with a few pointers and suggestions to help you write a successful application.
Our review team is composed of fellow O∆K volunteers from around the country. All have had significant experience with reviewing O∆K scholarship applications and come from a diverse background of experiences. What follows is a distillation of discussions and observations that have been made over several years of review. These will be listed in bullet form and are meant to be helpful suggestions and not criticisms or pejorative in any manner.
- Be honest in all your statements;
- Do not use profanity;
- Be sure to use correct spelling and grammar;
- Be clear in outlining your thoughts in your sentence and paragraph structure;
- Remember, the reviewers may not be as “hip’ or “woke” as you are – avoid slang and terms that may not be readily understood; and finally,
- Please make sure that those who write your letters of recommendation address these letters to the O∆K Scholarship reviewers and not to some generic body. They will understand when you make this simple request.
As I hope you will agree, these are not difficult hurdles, but rather suggestions that will allow the scholarship reviewers to get the best possible impression of both you and your application.
David A. Ellington, M.D.
Chair, Scholarship Review and Selection Committee
Washington and Lee University Circle
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please click here. For more information or help with questions about the scholarship application process, please contact Michelle Dilk, director for external relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 458-5346.