Any well-managed organization has a systemic set of operations that drive its existence. OΔK circles are no different. Creating and maintaining standard operations around the calendar, elections, programs, and finances allows the circle officers to know what and, most importantly, when actions will happen during the year.
To meet the Circle Minimum Standards, every circle must do the following:
- Recruit and Initiate New Members
- Elect Student Officers Annually and Reaffirm Faculty/Staff Officers regularly
- Meet as a circle at least four times a year
- Produce a Signature Leadership Program
- Produce a Signature Service Project
- Meet financial and reporting obligations to the OΔK Society
The OΔK National Headquarters staff have reviewed the practices of our most successful circles. We have assembled the Sample Operation Calendars for our circles. There is a Sample Operations Calendar for a circle that initiates twice a year and a calendar for a circle that initiates only once a year. These are meant to serve as templates. They are flexible and can be adapted to the specific life of the campus, but all the elements of a strong circle are included in each calendar. Take a look at the samples.
When you combine the Sample Operations Calendar with the Interactive Recruitment Guide, the circle should have all the information it needs to plan a successful year.
If you have questions, reach out to your Circle Contact.