The Circle Leader of the Year allows active circles to recognize one member of the circle as an outstanding leader for the circle and the campus.
- Omicron Delta Kappa would like to see 100% participation in this program, but our goal is at least 100.
- There is no cost to a circle, and the Society firmly believes that each circle has at least one member who is a leader among leaders.
- The Circle Leader of the Year is a student member of a circle that best represents the ideals and aspirations of Omicron Delta Kappa.
- This individual does not have to be a circle officer but must have demonstrated leadership in numerous ways throughout his/her collegiate career.
- Every Circle Leader of the Year nominee receives a certificate suitable for framing, a letter from Tara S. Singer, President and CEO, and a special gift.
- Circle Leader of the Year recipients are invited to apply for the Gen. Russell E. Dougherty National Leader of the Year Award.
Circle Leader of the Year Process
- Each OΔK circle selects an outstanding student to be named their Circle Leader of the Year (August to January)
- The Circle Leader of the Year process will open on November 1, 2020
- The circle coordinator or faculty advisor submits the Circle Leader of the Year form. This form is required and the only manner in which the nomination for the National Leader of the Year may be received.
- The deadline to submit the Circle Leader of the Year form is February 15, 2021.
- Circle Leaders of the Year are invited to apply for the National Leader of the Year award (beginning December 1, 2020)
- The Circle Leader of the Year Certificate and letter is sent to the circle advisor for presentation at a meeting or initiation ceremony in spring 2021 or to the individual.