The Circle Leader of the Year allows active circles to recognize one member of the circle as an outstanding leader for the circle and the campus.
Please note – designation of Circle Leader of the Year is no longer required for a student to apply for National Leader of the Year. Read more about this here.
- Omicron Delta Kappa would like to see 100% participation in this program, but our goal is at least 100 leaders recognized each year.
- There is no cost to a circle, and the Society firmly believes that each circle has at least one member who is a leader among leaders.
- The Circle Leader of the Year is a student member of a circle that best represents the ideals and aspirations of Omicron Delta Kappa. The recipient of this honor must already be initiated at the time they are named the CLOY.
- This individual does not have to be a circle officer but must have demonstrated leadership in numerous ways throughout their collegiate career.
- Every Circle Leader of the Year nominee receives a certificate suitable for framing, a letter from Tara S. Singer, President and CEO, and a special gift.
2022 Circle Leader of the Year Recipients
Circle Leader of the Year Process
- Each OΔK circle selects an outstanding student to be named their Circle Leader of the Year between August and January.
- The Circle Leader of the Year process will open on Jan. 1, 2023, and closes on April 1, 2023.
- The circle coordinator or faculty advisor submits the Circle Leader of the Year form. This form is the only manner in which Circle Leader of the Year submission may be received.
- The Circle Leader of the Year certificates are mailed 7 – 14 days after receipt of the form.
- The Circle Leader of the Year certificate and letter is sent to the circle advisor for presentation at a meeting or initiation ceremony in spring 2023, or can be sent directly to the individual. Advisors should confirm the recipient’s correct mailing address if opting to send it directly to them. We encourage circles to present the award at an initiation ceremony. If your circle initiates in early spring 2023, please make sure you submit your nominee in January so we can get the certificate to the circle before the ceremony.
Submit your Circle Leader of the Year (Circle Advisors only)