The National Awards Committee has completed its selection of the 2018 Maurice A. Clay Leadership Initiative Grant recipients. There was a competitive pool of 34 applicants that were each reviewed by six committee members.
The committee took into account five distinct characteristics when reviewing applications:
-Furthering circle engagement within campus community
-Enhancing current programming
-Developing new initiatives to increase publicity
-Whether the program had been supported previously by a Clay Grant
-Whether the circle had previously been supported by a Clay Grant
The committee has selected 10 general grant recipients.The recipients, indicated in alphabetical order below, each receive $500.
- Austin Peay State University, “Growing Our PEAYple”
- Christopher Newport University, “Coming Full Circle: What To Do With Your Degree?”
- Dalton State College, “Fostering Future Leaders: Encouraging and Developing Leadership skills in High School Students”
- Georgia College, “First Annual- ODK Leadership Summit”
- Rutgers University-Camden, “The ODK Scarlet Power Brunch; Title: “Leadership in the 21st Century: Your Leadership and Learning Journey”
- University at Albany, “TEDx ~ ODK ~ UAlbany”
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro, “Life Design Catalyst Coach Training Program”
- Virginia Military Institute, “Service Networking: From Campus to Community and Back”
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, “Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets Cultural Awareness Round Table Discussion”
- Wagner College “Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Summit”
A special thanks to the members of the National Awards Committee for volunteering their time to review and select our Clay Grant recipients.
Linda Hooks, Chair
Katy Datz, ODK HQ
Tim Reed, ODK HQ