The unique mission of Omicron Delta Kappa, since our founding in 1914, has been to bring together and recognize collegiate leaders representing a wide variety of campus involvement in areas such as scholarship, athletics, service, communications, and the arts. O∆K also seeks to identify, celebrate, and engage collegiate leaders from different backgrounds and perspectives. The primary purpose of our Society has always been to facilitate collaboration among these student leaders, as well as others in the college community, in addressing matters of campus and community concern. While Omicron Delta Kappa has consistently supported the efforts of individual circles to enhance leadership activities on host campuses, our organization seeks to provide more resources to members through a series of collaborative leadership initiatives including the following:
- Leadership Matters Curriculum (outright) – $150,000
- Leader-in-Residence Program (outright) – $125,000 for five years; $25,000 for one year; or $5,000 for a one-year placement at a single institution
- Diverse Emerging Leaders Initiative Grants (endowment) – $10,000 (providing a $500 grant per year)
- Congressional Collaborative Leadership Forum (outright) – $125,000 for five years; $25,000 for one year
- Annual Collaboration Symposium (outright) – $125,000 for five years; $25,000 for one year
- Collaboration Prizes (outright) – $75,000 for five years; $15,000 for one year
For more information about the proposed Collaborative Leadership Initiatives, contact President and Chief Executive Officer Tara S. Singer at [email protected] or (540) 458-5340.