Circles are required to maintain Circle Minimum Standards to be in “good standing” with Omicron Delta Kappa. So that circles understand where they stand in relation to “good standing,” Omicron Delta Kappa has developed a tiered status system. Each circle is provided a Circle Health Report after the end of each fiscal year, which provides information about the circle’s activities as well as the Circle Status for the coming year.
For a Circle to be considered Active, it must initiate a minimum of five members and have the appropriate number of officers. For more information about the status and what a circle can do to improve its status, reach out to your circle contact.
STATUS & DEFINITION
- ACTIVE-EXCELLENT: Circle of Distinction Award or better
- ACTIVE-GOOD: Functionally operating with no concerns but may not meet all standards
- ACTIVE-ALERT: Officially active – circle needs special attention, had a significant membership decline (more than 10%), or is not meeting many of the Circle Minimum Standards
- ACTIVE-NEW: 1-2 years of operation (New Circle)
- INACTIVE-NOTICE: One calendar year since the last initiation
- INACTIVE-FORMAL: More than two years inactive; Board of Trustees notified
- SUSPENDED: Notified of Pending Recall; Institutional CEO notified
- RECALL REVIEW: Charter to be officially reviewed in the current year