Maybe you come from a college or university with an active Omicron Delta Kappa circle. Maybe your friends or family members have told you how much OΔK meant to them and their college experience. Whatever your reason, we think it’s great that you would like to see an OΔK circle come to your campus.
Consider whether your college or university is:
- A four-year, degree-granting institution
- Accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association
- Accredited by the appropriate professional accrediting agency
We look for colleges and universities that:
- Have collegiate character and spirit
- Value the quality of student work
- Place a high emphasis on accreditation
- Have local honor societies that contribute to campus life
Groups that petition for an OΔK charter must demonstrate their:
- Ability to recruit faculty, staff members, and student members
- Willingness to adopt the OΔK Idea
- Commitment to maintaining the Society’s strong membership qualifications
- Adherence to OΔK’s National Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual
To learn more about bringing a circle of Omicron Delta Kappa to your campus, please visit our extension process page.