Omicron Delta Kappa has established two awards that celebrate individuals, circles, institutions, and programs that promote social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
Andristine M. Robinson Champion Award for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity
This award, named for Andristine M. Robinson, is to be presented annually to an individual, circle, institution, or program that has demonstrated or fostered a welcoming and inclusive environment that promotes diversity and inclusion within O∆K circles or nationally. Robinson has served the Society in multiple capacities. She was the 2006-12 National Vice President for Extension, a 2016-19 member of the Foundation Board of Trustees, and a 2019-20 member of the Omicron Delta Kappa Society and Educational Foundation Board of Trustees. Robinson was also the long-time advisor to the St. Mary’s College of Maryland Circle. She has also chaired or been a member of numerous Society and Foundation committees and task forces through her long association with O∆K.
The award seeks to recognize excellence in the following:
- Embedding diversity and inclusiveness into circle operations and activities
- Recruiting and retaining of an excellent and diverse faculty, staff and/or students to be members of O∆K circles
- Fostering equality of opportunity within O∆K circles
- Encouraging diverse perspectives within O∆K circles
- Creating a welcoming and supportive O∆K circles through efforts such as visibility, communication, and education
The first recipient of the award is Andristine M. Robinson. The award will again be given in the 2020-21 academic year. Nomination process details are below.
O∆K Community Commitment Award for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity
This award honors those individual members who do the following:
- Consistently promote an inclusive campus and/or community
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity
- Appreciate that diversity is integral to healthy and productive communities
Specifically, nominees will also be evaluated based on their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity as evidenced by their actions such as:
- Promote and provide a welcoming and supportive educational or professional community;
- Advocate for diverse perspectives and the voices of under-represented populations;
- Facilitate inclusion or access to campus or community resources;
- Support development of cultural awareness and competency;
- Promote campus and/or community policies and practices that invite and reinforce inclusiveness;
- Develop or lead diversity programming and other diversity and intercultural engagement efforts; and/or
- Foster intercultural communication and collaboration.
The award will first be presented in the 2020-21 academic year. Nomination process details are below.
Nominations Process and Timeline for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Awards
To nominate a institution, member, circle, or program for the Andristine M. Robinson Champion Award, click here.
To nominate a member for the Community Commitment Award, click here.
The timeline for the nominations is below.
Thursday, April 1, 2021 Awards nominations close at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern)
Week of April 12, 2021 Selection meetings
June 2021 Virtual awards program